It’s a no-brainer that high calorie and excess fatty food can do more harm than good. A balanced diet is a secret of maintaining a healthy body. There are tons of foods that are low in calorie and fat, and most importantly delicious too. In fact, there are numerous foods that rather than increasing, burn more calories during the digestive process. Here are 5 low-calorie and low-fat foods with healthy meal recipes to help lose weight.
1. Grilled Asparagus
Asparagus is a powerhouse of Vitamins, iron, and copper. It also helps speed up metabolism and maintain a healthy physical body. Here’s a super delicious and healthy recipe for weight loss using Asparagus.
• 10-12 Asparagus Spears
• 1 Egg yolk
• 2 Slices of Bacon
• ¼ Cup Olive Oil
• 1 ½ teaspoon Truffle Oil
• 1 tablespoon Vinegar
• 4 Boiled Eggs (Optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Place the egg yolk in a bowl and start whisking it. While whisking egg yolk, add olive oil, vinegar and truffle oil in the bowl. Whisk until the mixture is thickened. Keep it aside. This dip is called aioli.
- Cut off the hard or unwanted ends of asparagus. Put together 4-5 asparagus and wrap a slice of bacon around them to secure them. Do the same to the other sets. Toss wrapped asparagus in the grill for 6-7 minutes.
- Boil 4 eggs for 6 minutes, take them out of hot water and toss them into ice-cold water to cool off. Peel the eggs and cut it into half.
- Serve grilled asparagus with grilled bread, aioli, and boiled egg.
2. French Onion Soup
There are different types of onions found in every part of the world but their properties are the same. Onion is low in calories and has unbeatable healing properties that fight against diseases and major ailments like cancer. Here’s an easy and healthy recipe idea to feed your appetite while cutting calories.
• 1 Cup Sliced Onions
• 4 Cups Chicken Stock
• Chopped Thyme Leaves
• 2 teaspoon Vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 4 Slices Baguette
• 1 Ounce Grated Cheese (Optional)
- In a pan, add olive oil. Add sliced onion and sauté until golden. Cover for 2-minutes then adds vinegar, thyme, and black pepper. Stir all the ingredients together and cover again for a minute.
- Add the chicken stock into the pan and bring the soup to a boil. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to medium.
- Pour soup in a bowl and top it with a piece of grilled baguette. Sprinkle grated cheese and toss the soup in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Once done, sprinkle fresh thyme on top and serve hot.
3. Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
A recent study revealed that women who consumed grapefruit regularly weighed roughly 10 pounds less. Regular consumption of grapefruit in any form can be highly beneficial for the body while maintaining a healthy BMI. Here’s a healthy recipe for weight loss using grapefruit and avocado.
• 1 Grapefruit
• 2 Bunches Arugula
• 1 Avocado
• 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
• 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
• ½ teaspoon Salt
• ½ Black Pepper
• Chopped Walnuts
• Salmon Fillet
- In a bowl, put grapefruit cut in small cubes or slices. Add arugula leaves and sliced avocado. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and whisk it together to mix all the flavors.
- Cook salmon with skin in a skillet. Grill for about 4 minutes or until cooked properly. Once cooked, cut the salmon into medium pieces and top the salad with fillet and lemon juice. Add chopped walnut and serve with garlic bread.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?